[nycphp-talk] override .htaccess?

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Thu Sep 30 10:42:40 EDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Aaron Fischer wrote:

> I have a directory that is password protected with .htaccess.  I have
> two files in that directory that I would like to have accessible
> without requiring a login.  I'm looking for a quick fix, is there a way
> to prevent/override the .htaccess password requirements for individual
> files?

AFAIK, no, not if your are relying on Apache's per-directory configuration
mechanism (which you are). You can either move those files that you want
to be available to a publicly accessible directory, or use PHP's http
authentication mechanism on only those files that you do want to keep
private (http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.http-auth.php).

HTH,

The Eternal Demi-Geek (gurus, please correct me if I lie)

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17