[nycphp-talk] caching queries

Rahmin Pavlovic rahmin at insite-out.com
Mon Apr 4 08:47:22 EDT 2005

Daniel Convissor wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 08:06:32PM -0400, Rahmin Pavlovic wrote:
>
>>So I'm trying to come up other ways to cache db content for 5-10 min
>>intervals.
>

> Are you caching queries or are you caching the HTML output of scripts that
> are generated using information from a database?

I'd like to cache the database content being dressed up in HTML for any
page requests within a given timeframe, say 10 minutes.  So if database
records are updated at minute 2, all subsequent page requests will still
see the old content until minute 10.

The goal is to avoid hitting the database with every page request,
rather pulling new content once per interval.