[nycphp-talk] Zip webservice 0.1

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:01:18 EDT 2005

Chauncey Thorn chauncey.thorn-at-gmail.com |nyphp dev/internal group
use| wrote:

>Thanks for posting my little project to this list.
>

>>calculate things such as 'people in your area' etc.
>>

>good idea....
>Is there a formula for calculating population based on lat/long ?
>
>Thanks again
>
>Chauncey Thorn

This is an excellent resource for getting census data via zip code:
                        http://library.csun.edu/mfinley/zipcen.html

and this is a great zip code reference page (same site, master page):
                        http://library.csun.edu/mfinley/zipstats.html

and this page is a "must read" as it will save you many hours of hassle

http://mcdc2.missouri.edu/webrepts/geography/ZIP.resources.html

andif you're  into playing with Google maps check out:
                        http://69.90.152.144/collab/GoogleMapsHacking
and
                        http://libgmail.sourceforge.net/googlemaps.html

and of course for all the raw data you will need, it's Tigerline:
                        http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/

Hope this helps. There is alot of activity in this space right now, so
we expect to see great things!

-=john andrews