[nycphp-talk] Re: Monitoring for Bounce Mail

John Nunez john at coolmacgames.com
Fri Apr 29 16:08:20 EDT 2005

Faber,

Sorry for the confusion. My original email was requesting a REGEX for
SMTP code 550 because I thought they all followed a specific format.
550 is the usual SMTP Error code which is sent along with the bounced
mail. This varies with each implementation and installation of MTA's. I
know how to search a database and remove records plus I have a good
REGEX for finding email addresses.  I was wondering if it followed a
specific format (which is doesn't).  Jeff suggestion of the Return-Path
works because every email sent to the Return-Path address would be
bounced emails and not tech support questions. Jerry if you can find
the script on determining Hard and Soft bounces that would be great.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Thanks,
John