[nycphp-talk] http analyzer

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Mon Aug 1 18:14:44 EDT 2005

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 gary at helponboard.org wrote:

> I have used a number of programs in the past to view the actual http conversation between the browser and the
> webserver.  I believe this is what you are trying to do.[...]

If that's the case, then Apache Axis also ships with a thing called TCP
Monitor. It works fine and the price is right.

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#AppendixUsingTheAxisTCPMonitorTcpmon

It's apparently designed for people who are trying to debug SOAP
transactions but of course you can use it for whatever. I've had fun using
it as a teaching tool for introductory PHP students -- showing them all
that stuff that goes back and forth that you don't see in a graphical
browser.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/