[nycphp-talk] Experts help needed (Sessions)

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:34:54 EDT 2005

Rolan,

I have been trying to think of a method to use that wouldnt rely on the IP
at all, however i cant base it on the user agent because how many people use
IE and or FireFox? I cannot base it on the session id as that is what i am
detecting someone hijacked and then i destroy the session. What else could i
check? I guess i could use some javascript on the main page to grab some odd
info from the user maybe something about thier hardware but i am not sure
how that would go. I am sure Amazon, etc.. dont do that but yet they still
secure thier sessions..... How?

--
Joseph Crawford Jr.
Codebowl Solutions, Inc.