[nycphp-talk] SW Piracy, and helping others (wuz:Is the web's love affair with PHP over?)

leam at reuel.net leam at reuel.net
Sat Aug 6 08:27:54 EDT 2005

Cool, and probably too true. This is a place where Software priacy hurts economic interests; if small companies had to actually pay for the software they are using their choices might be more inclined to Free/Open Source. I know my clients are happy with using free software.  :)

Also, I wonder how many of us would be available to travel, or at least give talks about the free software that we use to groups who can't economically support a full fledged training program, etc? The thought of going someplace where these decisions are being made and telling them the options they have just seems too useful. Though I'm not an "Open Source or die!" sort of person I know open source software has so many advangates over the alternative it's easy to tell the truth and feel good about it.

One more reason to keep posting Phundamentals and white-papers...

ciao!

leam