[nycphp-talk] Formmail / Gmail filtering

Robert Kim Wireless Internet Advisor evdo.hsdpa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 13:24:59 EDT 2005

guys...
 Anybody know how to hack GMAIL so that
a) i can manually break up converstations. ****
b) sort by or FILTER ONLY emails that have not gotten a response (from me or
from the other party both filtering)
why? well... people ask me for info. i reply immediately. if they dont get
the email, they think i didnt respond. they get upset. and generally my
email is sitting in their spam filter. so.. i want a way to look for emails
that have NOT been responded to for 3+ hours.
c) filter / forward based on time and # B, criteria
 do if / thens...
  _____________
****
 a) the way around the problem for me is to simply chance my subject lines
BEFORE they get sent ... or Auto Generated from my formmail...
see http://evdo-coverage.com
 simple problem with gmail. all my conversations are bunched together EVEN
IF they are unrelated ... simply due to subject line similarity.
 so.. i thought... instead of my FORMMAIL subject being the same " ! QUOTE
REQUEST ! - New Client Contact !"
it could be...
 " ! QUOTE REQUEST ! <--! NAME and COMPANY FIELD VARIABLE GOES HERE-->- New
Client Contact !"
 anybody know formmail perl????

--
Robert Q Kim, Wireless Internet Advisor