[nycphp-talk] Accessible Rich Internet Applications

Dan Gisolfi gisolfi at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 16 09:00:16 EDT 2005

Yesterday IBM made a formal announcement about our code contributions to
Firefox 1.5 (due out this September) with respect to Accessibility. These
announcements focused on the technology Laurent Hasson and I demonstrated
to NYPHP back on July 26th. Since the technology is DHTML based, it is
applicable to PHP programmers.

Details on the technology can be found at: www.mozilla.org/access/dhtml

Details on the announcement can be found at a variety of places:

IBM Contributes Open Source Code to Make FireFox Browser More Accessible
http://www.ibm.com/press/PressServletForm.wss?MenuChoice=pressreleases&TemplateName=ShowPressReleaseTemplate&SelectString=t1.docunid=7839&TableName=DataheadApplicationClass&SESSIONKEY=any&WindowTitle=Press+Release&STATUS=publish

IBM Contributes DHTML Accessibility Code to Mozilla
http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=7162

IBM Donates Code to Firefox
http://slashdot.org/articles/05/08/15/1836246.shtml?tid=154&tid=136
http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3527341