[nycphp-talk] Accessible Rich Internet Applications

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Thu Aug 18 23:35:17 EDT 2005

> Yesterday IBM made a formal announcement about our code
> contributions to Firefox 1.5 (due out this September) with
> respect to Accessibility. These announcements focused on the
> technology Laurent Hasson and I demonstrated to NYPHP back on
> July 26th. Since the technology is DHTML based, it is
> applicable to PHP programmers.
>
> Details on the technology can be found at:
> www.mozilla.org/access/dhtml
>
> Details on the announcement can be found at a variety of places:
>
> IBM Contributes Open Source Code to Make FireFox Browser More
> Accessible
> http://www.ibm.com/press/PressServletForm.wss?MenuChoice=press
releases&TemplateName=ShowPressReleaseTemplate&SelectString=t1.docunid=7839>
&TableName=DataheadApplicationClass&SESSIONKEY=any&WindowTitle
> =Press+Release&STATUS=publish
>
> IBM Contributes DHTML Accessibility Code to Mozilla
> http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=7162
>
> IBM Donates Code to Firefox
> http://slashdot.org/articles/05/08/15/1836246.shtml?tid=154&tid=136
> http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3527341
>
> IBM helps Firefox reach disabled
> http://news.com.com/IBM+helps+Firefox+reach+disabled/2100-1032
> _3-5833354.html

This is great stuff - good to see this type of functionality coming out into
the public.  With PHP on the server and this type of flexibility in the
client, the day of rich internet apps is coming quick.

Looking forward to the next release of FireFox, and to getting a web cast
out there as Chris mentioned.

Thanks Dan

---
Hans Zaunere