[nycphp-talk] Roadsend

Jonathan hendler at simmons.edu
Sat Aug 20 06:11:30 EDT 2005

Thanks Eric -
Perl is certainly capable (Perl 6 and Parrot too). Python isn't anything
to sniff at for compiling either.
Since I'm already invested in PHP, I might start with native PHP and
some accelerator and then porting to C/C++ to make shared libraries.
I've sent some questions to roadsend - like if/when they'll have

 - php 5 support
 - apache 2 support
 - is it possible to build in custom .so/.dlls (I guess if you buy their
source code license)

Maybe I am getting outside PHPs niche into areas it "shouldn't" be used - \
I still think I can prototype what I want to in PHP though...