[nycphp-talk] Double Loading PHP as image - Firefox or PHP?

Mark Armendariz nyphp at enobrev.com
Thu Dec 1 12:20:33 EST 2005

> > when I turned that on -- surprise! -- it *also* requests my script,
> > and thus, generates another hit. Check all you plugins,
> especially web
> > development-type ones that might be generating more
> requests w/o your knowing it...
> >

> Oooh, good one!

Damned god suggestion indeed.  Killed ALL my extensions, with the plan to
add them one by one to figure out which one was the culprit.  Alas... The
problem continues.

I've also removed the content disposition header completely.  I'm about to
try re-installing FF.  But I rely want to know if this is just my one
installation of Firefox 1.5 or if I'm going to be dealing with such a thing
all day every day as it's downloaded by millions across the globe.

Here's the php gif:
http://counter.enobrev.com/ff_tester.php

Here's the output:
http://counter.enobrev.com/output.txt

Here's the actual gif:
http://counter.enobrev.com/count.gif

In case anybody wants to see it in action.  Also, I've added ip address to
the output line (since there may be more than one trying this out).

Here's the code:
-----------------
require_once 'function.file_put_contents.php';
require_once 'function.get.ip.php';
file_put_contents('./output.txt', get_ip() . ': ' . date('m/d/Y G:i:s') . ':
' . $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] . "\n");

header('Content-Type: image/gif');
readfile('./count.gif');

Also, the original version of this was using file_get_contents.. And then I
tried good ol fopen.  readfile just seemed to be the most direct route.

Thanks, all, for your comments and suggestions

Mark