[nycphp-talk] ctype_digit in PHP 5.1.x

Scott Mattocks scott at crisscott.com
Fri Dec 2 10:48:44 EST 2005

Hello,

Can someone with PHP 5.1 installed run a little test for me? We are
still running 5.0.3 and the sys admin has been dragging his feet about
updating. If my problem is fixed in 5.1 I think I can get him to upgrade
much more quickly. Anyway, the problem is with ctype_digit returning
true for null strings. Can someone with 5.1 let me know the output of
this line:

var_dump(ctype_digit(''));

There is a comment on the manual page that says it shouldn't return true
for versions since 4.4.1, but that is just a comment. I can't find any
bug reports for it and I don't want to create one unless the issue still
exists in the latest version.

Thanks for the help,
--
Scott Mattocks