[nycphp-talk] apache

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Sun Dec 4 16:57:33 EST 2005

michael wrote on Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:38 AM:
> I see apache has released version 2.2
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html
>
> Is anyone considering moving up to take advantage of new features?

As part of the AMP vertical, ie for running PHP, I'd say no.  I don't see
any significant features that would be pertinent to a PHP application that
would outweigh moving to a new code base.  However, over time, I think the
shift will be there, especially once PHP TS and related issues are reduced.
Even now, in certain configurations of PHP, Apache2/PHP could make sense.

That said, outside of PHP - for instance proxies, DAV, etc. - I'd go with
Apache 2, but still would give a new release like 2.2 some time.

---
Hans Zaunere / President / New York PHP
   www.nyphp.org  /  www.nyphp.com