[nycphp-talk] Hmmm...still not quite there :-(

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:36:15 EST 2005

Thanks to everyone who responded to my SQL syntax question. However, for
some strange reason, I am STILL getting an error. So far, I've modified my
SQL statement the following ways:

SELECT * FROM sisters WHERE email != 'email address' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1

SELECT * FROM sisters WHERE email NOT 'email address' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT
1

SELECT * FROM sisters WHERE email NOT LIKE 'email address' ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 1

SELECT * FROM sisters WHERE email IS NOT LIKE 'email address' ORDER BY
RAND() LIMIT 1

SELECT * FROM sisters WHERE email <> 'email address' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1

None, of these statements work and yet they all look (at least to me)
syntactically correct. Could this be a problem with my db server??

Anthony

--
Anthony Papillion
Phone: (918) 926-0139