[nycphp-talk] virus scans and php

aaron aaron at aarond.com
Wed Dec 7 12:25:03 EST 2005

I'm working on an Image Database where public users would submit images
through an html form then the images and related form info would be sent
to a private network. The info then goes to an Oracle db, and based on
the unique id's given to the records in the db I rename the images and
place in a temp folder.

The issue of running some type of virus scan outside of php file checks
on the images came up in a meeting and I wasn't sure what to say.  Is
there some type of way a virus scan software can talk to php? Or another
way to handle virus scans and file uploads?

We have win2k servers and PHP 4.3.1

thanks,
Aaron D.