[nycphp-talk] Connect to MSSQL Database with PHP and ADODB

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:26:38 EST 2005

Is this php app going to be running on a windows machine?  I had a client
who had a site on a linux machine and was communicating to a remote mssql
database and it was nearly impossible to get it to work, i fought and fought
until i found FreeTDS.  Using FreeTDS locally i got it to work but trying to
find a shared host to install FreeTDS was impossible.  The only way to get
this to work for them was for them to get a dedicated machine and for that
matter to make things easy they got a windows machine.  I had no problem
communication from windows to windows using the mssql_* php functions.

--
Joseph Crawford Jr.
Zend Certified Engineer
codebowl at gmail.com