[nycphp-talk] Java - It's So Nineties

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:53:35 EST 2005

Randal Rust randalrust-at-gmail.com |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

>On 12/14/05, Morgan Craft <morgan at forsalebyowner.com> wrote:
>

>>JAVA was by far a better programming language.
>>

>The company that I work for is primarily a Java shop. The global HR
>director sent out an email the other day regarding some new jobs that
>were available. One of the requirements was something called JAVA
>SCRIPT.
>
>There are a lot of people, especially in the public sector
>environment, who still think that Java is king, and couldn't tell you
>the difference between Java and Javascript.
>
>--
>Randal Rust
>www.r2communications.com

PHP is a scripting language. JAVA is a real language.
JAVA is a serious professional language capable of enterprise
applications, not just web sites. It is too hard for most script
programmers.
Therefore they also have JAVA SCRIPT, which is like a lightweight JAVA,
made for script coders (like PHP coders who have graduated to something
more serious, but aren't yet ready for the complexity of JAVA).

Right?

-=john andrews
http://www.seo-fun.com