[nycphp-talk] Java - It's So Nineties

Morgan Craft morgan at forsalebyowner.com
Wed Dec 14 17:04:27 EST 2005

I've never thought java was anymore difficult than php.  In fact JAVA
was the first programming language I learned in college in my
introductory computer sciences courses before moving on to C.  I picked
up PHP because it seemed like a simple and fast web development language
that gave me the flexibility to communicate with MySQL and Flash
Actionscript.

And JAVA and Javascript are nothing alike.  Javascript was made by
someone at Netscape, not Sun.  And it wasn't even called Javascript at
first.  Bleh, I could go on and on about the difference but I have work
to do.

I do enjoy the irony. Randal makes a jest about people not understanding
the difference between Javascript/java and someone had to illustrate the
point for us.  *bravo*