[nycphp-talk] Configuring IBM HTTP Server with PHP 5 (LAMP/J2EE box)

Daniel Krook krook at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 2 19:49:49 EST 2005

Hey folks,

I've put together a walk through on configuring an existing IBM HTTP
Server - WebSphere Application Server - DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition
installation to work with PHP 5.   For good measure, I added a little
MySQL 4.1 configuration as well.

     Configuring PHP 5 with IBM HTTP Server, WebSphere Application Server,
and DB2 UDB
     http://krook.net/os/php-ihs-websphere-db2-mysql.txt

I was surprised that this all went down pretty smoothly, but since IHS is
really Apache under the hood, I guess it was always easy to do, though no
Googling fetched results on anyone else who went through the process.
Hopefully this helps out others looking to set up an all-in-one LAMP/J2EE
development box.

The tutorial assumes that you have a Linux box already set up with IHS,
WAS, DB2 and MySQL which all have pretty good installation instructions
from their respective sources.

Please let me know if you have any improvements I can make on any part of
this.

Thanks,
-Dan

Daniel Krook, Application Developer
WW Web Production Services North 2, ibm.com
1133 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY 10604

Personal: http://info.krook.org/
Persona: http://w3.ibm.com/eworkplace/persona_bp_finder.jsp?CNUM=9A9796897