[nycphp-talk] PHP 5 Throwing Exceptions in Constructors

Ophir Prusak prusak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:33:39 EST 2005

Hi Hans,

I was dealing with this exact same dilemma on a project I'm currently coding.
We ending up going with Adam's option B: move the code which can fail
to outside the constructor.

In the original design the you could create an object where the
constructor could read some information from a database.

In the final design, we moved the database code to a new load()
function that executes the actual database call. This does add an
additional step, but having the constructor throw an execution just
messes things up.

Ophir