[nycphp-talk] Getting back to shopping carts [ WAS Re: Liability protection for consultants?]

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Thu Feb 10 18:13:03 EST 2005

On 09/02/05 21:17 -0500, leam at reuel.net wrote:
> This is getting worse as I go.  Interchange doesn't work on CPanel, which the host uses. Agora cart looks real clunky and I need something that the customer can easily use to add to the cart. CubeCart is moving servers, is commercial, and I can't tell how it looks.

My feelings exactly. I'm finding Mambo and phpshopcart to be a royal PITA to get
installed.  Well, I can't even get phpshopcart installed since I'm
getting fatal errors from the Mambo (PEAR?) libraries.

Now, it turns out that most of these shopping carts are overkill for
what I need.  All I need to do, ecommerce-wise, is to track the items
the end-user wants, gather up their pertinent info at checkout time,
encrypt it all and email it to my client.  No credit-cards or Paypal.
No online registration.

Anyone know of a CMS/shopping cart that *isn't* all tricked out?

--

Regards,

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey
http://www.linuxnj.com