[nycphp-talk] Re: Getting back to shopping carts [ WAS Re: Liability protection for consultants?]

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Thu Feb 10 23:15:40 EST 2005

On 10/02/05 20:29 -0500, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> Hey Faber.
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:13:03 -0500, Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:
> >
> > My feelings exactly. I'm finding Mambo and phpshopcart to be a royal PITA to get
> > installed.  Well, I can't even get phpshopcart installed since I'm
> > getting fatal errors from the Mambo (PEAR?) libraries.
>
> Nope, no PEAR libraries in Mambo, still waiting for a chance to put
> ADOdb in there. Can you send the errors that you are getting? With
> more detail I'm certain I can help.

Log in as Admin, select Componenets->Download mambo-phpShop (the first
one (I have two)), and select "Downloand Component".  It  d/les from
mamboforge.net and the errors are:

<-------------------------< errors >------------------->
Warning: Failed opening
'/var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl//pclerror.lib.'
for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in
/var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl/pcltar.lib.php
on line 78

Warning: Failed opening
'/var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl//pcltrace.lib.'
for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in
/var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl/pcltar.lib.php
on line 82

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: trfctstart() in
/var/www/html/trimline.us/cms/Mambo/administrator/includes/pcl/pcltar.lib.php
on line 379

<-------------------------< errors >------------------->

If I chose "Dowload Module", I get the same errors.

> Mambo and phpShop is actually the easiest way for anyone to get
> started,

:-?  I had a devil of a time figuring out where to place the contents of
the mambo-phpShop files to get Mambo to see them.

> so we probably just have a config or permissions problem.

That's what I thought. I've checked the permissions and they're 755.

> > Now, it turns out that most of these shopping carts are overkill for
> > what I need.  All I need to do, ecommerce-wise, is to track the items
> > the end-user wants, gather up their pertinent info at checkout time,
> > encrypt it all and email it to my client.  No credit-cards or Paypal.
> > No online registration.
>
> Sounds like you don't need a shopping cart as much as you need a
> filebase, or some sort of file distribution tool. Mambo has several,
> as do some of the other CMS' available. Maybe a shopping cart isn't
> the best approach?

Possibly not, but I've not come across a better solution.   Dp you have
any links handy?

--

Regards,

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey
http://www.linuxnj.com