[nycphp-talk] Static Method Referencing

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Tue Feb 15 17:39:24 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Hans Zaunere wrote:

> Perhaps this is just a limitation of the parser, but I don't see any
> reason it shouldn't work, so perhaps a bug.
>
> Basically I'm seeing that's there's no way to dereference a property
> into a static method call, whereas a regular variable can be
> dereferenced in this respect.

Oh. Yea. You can't do that. It doesn't work. :)

I can't remember if I filed this as a bug, but it's come up before on
internals. I also can't remember if/when this will come to PHP 5.

-adam

--
adam at trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"