[nycphp-talk] [OT] Apache Testing Server Config Problem / Mod_Rewrite?

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 17:53:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:25:11 -0500, jessica kelly <jkelly at sussex.edu> wrote:

> I have been looking, trying to configure mod_rewrite all day to do this:
>
> When you see mysite.com/bla/bla/bla.htm in the
> page (server is parsing all pages) change the mysite.com part to 127.0.0.1 so the browser will navigate properly down the directory tree.

I think you're trying to get mod_rewrite to do something it doesn't.

Mod_rewrite only rewrites requests, not responses.

You want to run all of your responses through some kind of filter (a
PHP script perhaps) that will preg_replace() all of the mysite.com's
to 127.0.0.1's.

Do you have Dreamweaver? You could do a global search and replace on
the site to change them all, test it, then do another to change them
all back... Keep a backup of the originals!!!