[nycphp-talk] PHP/MySQL on Windows SBS Box

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Feb 25 15:07:40 EST 2005

Hi Stephen:

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 03:00:21PM -0500, Stephen Musgrave wrote:

> Has anybody had any experience using PHP/MySQL on a Windows machine
> running SBS?
> I've often heard the questions to the statement, "I want to run
> PHP/MySQL on a Windows box,"  --  "Why?"  Which leads me to believe
> that there are significant concerns and/or it's just not the most
> optimal situation.

I do it every day, though it's my development box.  The "why"'s probably
have to do with it not being optimal as opposed to it being a really bad
idea.

I've also written a (very popular) tutorial about getting MySQL going on
Windows machines:
   http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/code/mybasic.htm

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/