[nycphp-talk] PHP/MySQL on Windows SBS Box

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:29:28 EST 2005

Stephen Musgrave wrote:

> Has anybody had any experience using PHP/MySQL on a Windows machine
> running SBS?
>
> So far I have only worked with PHP/MySQL running Apache on a *nix
> machine.  I am curious to get any advice to know if this is a good or
> bad idea.  And yes, this machine will be in a production environment.
> I've often heard the questions to the statement, "I want to run
> PHP/MySQL on a Windows box,"  --  "Why?"  Which leads me to believe
> that there are significant concerns and/or it's just not the most
> optimal situation.

What is SBS?

Not for production use (see Dan's article for that) but an easy way to
get AMP on Windows for development or testing is to use the XAMPP
distribution:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Does anyone have a checklist of things to look at when securing /
locking down a Windows server for use as a production website?