[nycphp-talk] PHP "connection_aborted" and Capturing User Log Out / Browser Close

Peter Sawczynec psaw at pswebcode.com
Tue Jan 11 14:06:00 EST 2005

Using PHP, is there a simple way to capture browser shutdown or a session
termination event, so that a user's departure time from a site can be
captured when they don't use the formal Log Out button.

I need to track user time logged into a site. I am using PHP sessions.
Currently, capturing the user Log In efforts and capturing the user Log Out
time when they hit Logout button.

Any solution suggestions for capturing log out time of users who just close
the browser?

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Director