[nycphp-talk] PHP

Peter Sawczynec psaw at pswebcode.com
Tue Jan 11 14:33:09 EST 2005

This is a possible "almost does it" option.

The time of every new page hit by the user can be entered as the newest
logout time. So if they never formally logout we at least have an
approximate Log Out time. If they really Log Out, we get the Log Out time
for real.

By the by, there is a way to rig something with JavaScript and the onUnload
event. But it has pitfalls too.

I am surprised now that PHP doesn't offer "on session start" and "on session
end" event capturing, or am I wrong?

Thanks,

Peter