[nycphp-talk] Shopping Cart?

leam at reuel.net leam at reuel.net
Sat Jan 15 21:46:44 EST 2005

While keeping in mind my relative lack of skill in programming, I may get a request to do a shopping cart. While I still have basic things to find out like the host operating system, etc, what are some other questions I should ask? I'd be more than happy to take an open source existing package and configure it for them.

If they have a unix system and there is an open-source package that meets their needs, what would you suggest as a charge for it? How many hours would you expect to spend on it? I'm inclined, as it's a friend of a friend, to be very easy on cost, especially as I'm not a great programmer and it'd take me more hours to make things work. Of course, it is a profitable company and they sell stuff I like, so I may just as for payment in kind.  :)

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I'm trying to figure this one out, grab it if its a good challenge and politely decline if it's not a good fit for them or I. Any wisdom you care to impart?

ciao!

leam