[nycphp-talk] if you were teaching PHP...

Ophir Prusak prusak at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 22:11:17 EST 2005

I won't repeat what other people have already said (which are great
answers) but I do have another angle to throw in the mix.

Most people will, at some point, will be involved with code that they
didn't write.

When I teach PHP, apart from the goal of teaching students how to
create their own applications, I also try to give them the knowledge
needed to understand other people's code. Either at a workplace, or
reading the source of an open source package.

Ophir