[nycphp-talk] if you were teaching PHP...

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Tue Jan 18 10:35:08 EST 2005

Gentlemen,

Thanks a million.

For brevity's sake I didn't go into the approaches and techniques that I
used last time, and it's reassuring to see that several things you advise
are exactly the things I do (e.g., when you get to MySQL, first teach
MySQL as MySQL independently, and then get into how PHP talks to MySQL).

Of course, I'm still not settled on the mysql(i) curriculum question that
brought me here, but what else is new?  With this as with so many other
questions, you gather information, then make your own decision;  there's
no one omniscient patriarch or omnipotent authority to tell you what to
do. (Hmm, good sermon to put into one of my lectures (-: )

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

"Don't let the liberal media tell you what to think
and feel. If you have hatred in your heart, let it out."

   -- Clayton Bigsby, black white supremacist