[nycphp-talk] MySQL primary sort oddity

Brian O'Connor gatzby3jr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:52:54 EST 2005

I have a users table on my website that primary field 'id', which is
auto_incremental.  This usually never happens, and really doesn't
affect anything in anyway, but it's bugging me to why it's happening.
When I'm looking at it through phpMyAdmin, with the query "SELECT *
FROM users" the output is:

1 - 13
then 15
14
16 and on

I'm not an expert on MySQL to any degree, but I though if no ORDER was
input, it auto sorted by the primary key (if none provided, I figured
index was then taken, then just the order it was input).

If I left out any relevant information to the matter let me know and
I'll post it.
--
Brian O'Connor