[nycphp-talk] [OT] Consulting work

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Fri Jul 1 14:59:10 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 12:19, Matt Juszczak wrote:

> Funny .......

what is seriously funny is that I work for a company in New Orleans and
live in Manhattan...
Originally planned to work for a company here, but they all want people
to work for ~30k/year and if someone won't bother to actually fish for
real developers then I won't waste my time showing them my resume..
Granted I am not out there checking the posting daily.

Actually, went on some interviews here to talk with companies (where
they were offering a little less than I currently make) just to see what
the offices look like and the dress code was so I could have an idea if
I really wanted to not be a telecommuter anymore or not..

Anyway, what sites are people using to find good pay work here in the
city?
I don't like to waste time with companies who start off on the "low ball
estimate". To me, they are willing to screw you over from the start and
it also, to me, means they don't know exactly what they want.