[nycphp-talk] Re: [OT] Consulting work

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Fri Jul 1 13:36:57 EDT 2005

> I keep telling people that approach me with projects, and are
> expecting to be able to get away with a rate similar to what
> I've just described, you get what you pay for. Because I
> don't know about the rest of this group, but I have not only
> seen the quality of the code and database designs from
> folks that are willing to work on the cheap, I've also had to
> throw a lot of it in the trash and start over. I have even
> considered registering domain names and selling myself
> on this very idea: we-clean-up-after-[insert slur here].com.

Agreed.

And I'm willing to put more time in if the job pays more than $15/hour.  A
high paying job will make me want to write good code, because I'm not
thinking or stressing about how I'm going to pay my rent.

In any case, if anyone wants to hire me for part time coding, I will also
work on the side :)