[nycphp-talk] finding an affiliate program in php

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Mon Jul 11 21:34:09 EDT 2005

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to the list.  We met briefly @ TGIF.

> I need to set up an affiliate program.  We want to give 5%
> commission to people
> who send customers who buy from our site.  It seems like it would
> be much better
> to take a script that someone else has written instead of trying to
> write my
> own.  Does anyone have any recommendation of open source scripts or
> even
> commercial programs they would recommend?  We're running PHP 4.3.11
> and MySQL
> 4.1.7 on FreeBSD 5.3.

I'm sure you could do this with an app, but the process of cutting
checks each month wouldn't interest me.  My clients who've setup
affiliate programs use one of the major commercial networks.  I can't
recommend any one in particular as I don't operate sites, just
implement.  I've implemented commercial solutions for a number of
clients.  Here are some of those my clients have chosen:
     http://www.cj.com/
     http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/
     http://www.directtrack.com/
     http://www.linkshare.com/

> I wrote my own shopping cart, so it seems like it would be easy to
> customize it
> to work with an affiliate script.

They're usually very easy to implement, with or without a custom cart.

HTH,
Andrew
--
Andrew Yochum