[nycphp-talk] A question for mambo experts

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 17:37:04 EDT 2005

--- Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/18/05, Ajai Khattri <ajai at bitblit.net> wrote:
> > Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> >
> > >I don't remember when this all started making
> sense to me, but I do
> > >remember that it was really just an adjustment of
> terminology - which
> > >is a challenge no matter what CMS you choose.
> > >

> > That's putting it mildly! (Not that Mambo is any
> worse than any other
> > CMS - Ive already used it for several projects and
> Im just about to try
> > my hand at writing a component <gulp> ;-)
>
>     http://help.mamboserver.com
>
> Take a look at the component tutorial. That should
> provide a decent
> example to get you started.  Also, you can grab
> Mambo Designer from
> mambodev.com or jamboworks.com (not launched yet).
> This will create a
> base template, module or component that you can then
> work from. Yes it
> is beta, but is quite usable :-)
>
> --
> Mitch Pirtle
> Mambo Core Developer

Thanks again for your advice,

The tutorial you’ve mentioned is a good one.  I
actually started going through it half way once but
got stuck on something.  I’ll give it a try again.
And what makes this even more challenging is that I
want to create a website, using mambo framework, that
looks like the website I have now.  I think this would
require creating a new template as well as two new
components.

Leila