[nycphp-talk] PHP Poetry

Jonathan hendler at simmons.edu
Fri Jul 22 13:30:03 EDT 2005

David Mintz wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Jonathan wrote:
>

>>Ginsberg is reserved for PHP?
>>
>>	Ginsberg? Damn, I must be missing the allusion.

Sorry for going so far off topic.  Zing!

If Haiku (a concise, compact, simplified poetry) can be written in Perl,
then is Ginsberg (a often verbose, complicated, free flowing style) to
be written in PHP?  That's the typical view of _other_ languages' coders
of PHP coders, isn't it? I mean if Perl can claim so easily capable of
Haiku, can't PHP enjoy a little messiness? Could Python or Ruby be used
to write Beat Poetry as sufficiently as PHP? Free Speech Man!
Ok, now I sound nutz. Here's a background story :

When I was learning to code, some one (rightly) accused my code of being
messy and they said good code should be like poetry. So I said, "Then
just think of me as Ginsberg!"