[nycphp-talk] [OT] Consulting work

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:46:50 EDT 2005

As a consultant I agree with Mitch 100%. As a hiring manager I have to add that because it is an hourly rate, it will depend a great deal on the level of supervision exercised over your work (which includes the work environment).

The more you know the better you can negotiate - so try and go as far into the process as you can without agreeing to a rate, to learn all you can about their situation. If you are a good fit for them, show them that, and ask for a higher rate. It's very much like a poker game, by the way.