[nycphp-talk] [OT] Anybody hosting IRC?

max max at neuropunks.org
Fri Jun 3 14:47:51 EDT 2005

Me and a couple of friends used to host/admin one of the irc.2600.net servers some time ago, was an obsd machine at exodus. (i used to nick muted on that network, im sure someone still remembers that time..)
It was a Hybrid box, we set the thing up, it ran pretty well.
I also have a server, at pilosoft, its a 1U netra t1, so I can host it if you want. Ill make you a jail. Or, you can have a couple of machines hosting it, for load and redundancy reasons. Or of course, something like efnet or freenode would be the way to go. It is nice when you are a server admin, not just a channel op tho, dont know about freenode, but i dont think that would be that easy to get at something like efnet