[nycphp-talk] Geocoder and PHP

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Fri Jun 10 15:37:36 EDT 2005

Heh, for 3500, I would just go ahead and scrape it.

Once I wrote an app which, when given a street address, would fetch and
scrape zip+4 results from the usps.gov website.
It worked without a hitch until google and yahoo linked it from their
front page.. around noon, the app stopped working..
and so did the entire usps.gov website. A minute later my client was on
the phone informing me that the postmaster general called and was going
to shut them down for DOS'ing the servers.

~Rolan