[nycphp-talk] Timing out in php batch

Eric Gewirtz egewirtz at suscom.net
Wed Jun 15 20:42:19 EDT 2005

See below

[mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org] On
>Behalf Of Dan Cech
>Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 2:27 PM
>To: NYPHP Talk
>Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] Timing out in php batch
>
>Eric Gewirtz wrote:
>> Hi Dan -
>>
>> Can you point me to what you were reading?
>
>I was reading http://php.net/set_time_limit, based on the error message
>you are receiving.
>
>It does appear that the time limit should not be enforced for cli
>scripts, so I guess you need to track down where the error message is
>coming from.
>
>Does the main script call out to any other scripts or web pages running
>php which could be timing out?
[Eric Gewirtz] Not that I am aware of but it certainly does appear that
this is happening - the entire script is written in php. The script is
called from a shell script but that's it. The script is kind of like JCL
- it's running other php scripts, executing sql statements against mySQL
and invoking mySQL msqlimport - I'm thinking that maybe the sever
conection to MySQL is timing out