[nycphp-talk] Mysql Selects

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Tue Jun 21 16:39:12 EDT 2005

AFAIK, in MySQL <=4.x you'll have to do a code-aggregation:
[PHP]
$result = array();
foreach ($zips as $key=>$val) {
  $result[] = $val;
  $rs = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM organizations WHERE org_zip = $val");
  if(@mysql_hum_rows($rs) != 0)
    while($row = mysql_fetch_array($rs, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
	$result[$val][] = $row;
    }
}

var_dump($result);
[/PHP]

In MySQL 5, you could do an IN SELECT or similar aggregation.

Thanks,
Chris Bielanski
Web Programmer,
International Trademark Association,