[nycphp-talk] IBM @ NYPHP, June 28th

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Wed Jun 22 11:37:26 EDT 2005

> With just a week to go, this month's meeting is rapidly approaching and it
> promises to be a great one.   Don't forget to get your RSVP in if you
> haven't yet done so.
>
> Agenda:  http://www.nyphp.org/
> RSVP:  http://www.nyphp.org/rsvp.php
>
> Since there will be a lot of information presented and because we have a
> large virtual membership which can't always make it into Manhattan, I
> thought it would be helpful to survey the list in advance to see what
> questions or topics people would like to hear about most, even if they
> can't attend.... Essentially to help IBM match their presentation to what
> interests the varied group of developers that is NYPHP and to help get the
> most out of the time.
>
> For example,
> * After taking a look at the agenda, is there something technical you'd
> like to see covered in more detail?

Perhaps some details on the inner workings (if different) of the IBM PHP, and what it means in terms of versions, available extensions, etc.

> * Is there any particular aspect of the Zend/IBM partnership that you'd
> like to hear more about?

I'd be interested in PHP support on big iron.  And, similarly to the above, what new extensions/functionality will the partnership produce?

> Don't limit it to questions; what suggestions would you give?  E.g.,
> * What parts of PHP could benefit most from IBM's involvement?

Perhaps further/completed Java integration and OO bug fixes, enhancements, etc.

> * What would you like to see IBM do or say to put your clients who are
> wary about PHP (or AMP) at ease with the technology?
>
> And, as usual, please get the word out about the meeting on your personal
> sites, blogs, etc.   : )

Very exciting meeting folks.  Be sure to RSVP now, since the space is nearly full already, and give Dan et al some feedback.

---
Hans Zaunere
President, Founder

New York PHP