[nycphp-talk] What does PHP use to find programs that are exec'ed?

Jayesh Sheth jay_nyphp at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 23 10:54:55 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I think I figured out why it was not working. I had compiled libxml2 to
my home directory, and built the PHP binary against it.
Even thought it was installed to /usr/local/php5_0 and worked from the
bash shell, somehow when it was exec'ed by Apache, it did not work. When
I rebuilt it without libxml and only against system libraries, it
worked.

I guess I made a mistake building it against a library compiled to my
home dir.

Best regards,

- Jay