[nycphp-talk] Getting fragment - after the hashmark

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Fri Jun 24 17:47:06 EDT 2005

This seems like a silly question, and something that would be common.

When managing URLs during PHP runtime, how do you get the fragment part that comes after the hashmark?

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.parse-url.php

Says it will return an array containing the fragment part, but the function also requires you to pass in the URL.  Yet, I can't find a way to get the URL that includes the fragment, so it's a chicken-before-the-egg problem.

I'm probably forgetting the function or variable that does exactly what I want, but I just can't place it.

Thanks,