[nycphp-talk] [ OT ] Zend Certification Book (Typos & Errors)

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 16:09:41 EDT 2005

--- Tom Melendez <tom at supertom.com> wrote:

> Hi Leila,
>
> You probably need to enable asp_tags in php.ini!
>
> Tom
>
> http://www.liphp.org
>
> Leila Lappin wrote:
>
> >--- Joseph Crawford <codebowl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>page 7
> >>says php supports 3 different sets of tags then
> >>lists the 4 sets <?php ?>,
> >><% %>, <? ?>, <script language="php"> </script>
> >>
> >>page 10 paragraph 1
> >>but it could also contain arbitrary binary data,
> >>such as the contents of a
> >>JPEG image OF a MIDI file
> >>(i think the OF should be OR)
> >>
> >>those are the first 2 i saw but then again i was
> >>just skimming too.
> >>

> >>--
> >>Joseph Crawford Jr.
> >>Codebowl Solutions, Inc.
> >>1-802-671-2021
> >>codebowl at gmail.com

> >>http://www.nyphp.org
> >>

> >So could someone please clarify what is true?  Does
> >PHP support <% %> and <script language="php">and
> ></script>.  I tried <% %> and it didn't work.   So
> >just figured that there was an error in that
> paragraph
> >and left at that.

But is it good practice?  I think I remember reading
somewhere that developers should stay away from ASP
like tags.  Personally I don't think I will be using
that tag but it is good to know it's a valid tag.  I'm
really grateful to be getting so much good information
from the members of this list.  To continue on a
related note, I have used <?= ?> which is similar to a
JSP tag and found it to be very useful.