[nycphp-talk] Re: MySQL Case Study - Stanford Graduate School of Business (avail. at HBR Online)

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Tue Mar 1 19:34:42 EST 2005

On 01/03/05 15:34 -0500, Daniel Convissor wrote:
> Hey Faber:

Hey Dan,

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 01:46:30PM -0500, Faber Fedor wrote:
>
> > I like PostgreSQL but I want to play with Firebird because of what I
> > hear about it's transactional capabilities.
>
> There are very strange quirks in the InterBase/Firebird libraries and PHP
> extension that make them a bit of a nuisance.  If you do try them with
> PHP, make sure to be using PHP 5.

PHP isn't the only language I use. ;-)  Since I will be looking at the
Ajax technology (XHTML, CSS, JS, and one or two languages on the
backend), PHP will probably come in to play, though.

Thanks for the heads up.

--

Regards,

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey
http://www.linuxnj.com