[nycphp-talk] Mambo in the news!

Nestor Florez nestorflorez at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 3 23:06:08 EST 2005

Mitch,

Thanks for your reply.

I have MANBO 4.5.2 installed and now is just a matter of learning it.

The problems I had was that as soon as I started the installation STEP 1 failed.
it kept saying that "the username or password is incorrect", now I am the one
that creates the user and password in my MYSQL DB.  I found thru the MAMBO
forum that it is a common problem and the solution was that when giving the
GRANT command in MYSQL I need to use the functionold_password() when
identifying the password.. that worked.
The second problem was that on STEP 4 it tell me to go the administration site
of MAMBO and use "admin" as the user and a password created by MAMBO, but
when ever I did that it gavea message "Incorrect user name or password" .
Well I got tire of that crap and I went into the administration/index.php or common.php
and I foced it to accept my password.

Voila, everything is working but I just thing that it shouldd be easier to install.
TO me it seems that the people set up everything to have an easyu installation but
it seems as they have not updated the installation of they fail to look at some
possible installation problems.

Well, now I will have one of my coworkers take a look at MAMBO to see if we
can use it in the our H.S. district since our budget is getting slashed.

Thanks for your reply.

Nestor :-)
http://www.IneedWork.org

PS:  I could not make it to your presentation because I am a bit far from NY,
       I live in San Diego California.  We do have a php User group here but is
       not as active as yours.  the last time we met was in November.