[nycphp-talk] Php Framework

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sat Mar 5 19:45:37 EST 2005

 Brian O'Connor writes:
> I'm relatively new to php to some of you guys ... can someone
> explain to me what php framework is used for?

I am not 100% sure what a framework is.

It seems to me that a framework is a set of reusable
software components which can be readily used to solve a
class of problems.

I don't think object oriented design is involved as a
requirement for a set of components to be considered
a framework.

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com

"If PHP is anything, then its a framework,
which includes a really cute scripting language"
-- Sterling Hughes
Weblog, Friday, November 28. 2003